.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I Hate Livejournal

A failed project began here, and the mediocrity continues to this day. Enjoy reposting here from (gasp) Live Journal, which would ordinarily go unappreciated in that format. I am a hypocrite. This is an open blog, so if you feel like talking about your live journal on the IHLJ team - just let me know.

Recently Played Tracks

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Life Little Triumphs week

Over on my livejournal, I'm trying a little experiment called "life's little triumphs". I want people to think about what they're thankful for, instead of being motivated by misery and confusion. Even through the power of blogging, you will never find solutions to sadness on the internet. The internet is a psychadelic drug of CIA crack ring proportions.

But anyway, people have to remember something seemingly insignificant that made them feel better when it happened. awesome things. It is a sneaky way of getting some positive action on elJay, instead of the usual emo fest.

Problem is, people are dragging their feet over this proposal. And you'd think people would want to see write something positive every once in awhile. If they can't get through to saturday, with little story everyday until then, then all bets are off. sucks for them - i don't get to share my story if that happens.

Well, new and unknown Blogger Friends, you are needed to save the LJ from itself. Only you can save a generation of cyberpunks...
let me know

5 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger user said...

no one on blogger comments, if the do, send them my way! i told you I would write one, but not until later, for saturday! So there, if no one writes, I am not sharing either!

 
At 9/28/2005 1:39 PM, Blogger user said...

Allison's Triumph
Mock Trial

On Saturday a rather large party took place at my apartment. It was crazy. I didn't even know half of the people there. Anyway, so early on I went into the bathroom to relieve myself and forgot to lock the door, since it is my house and I am not accustomed to being walked in on in my own apartment. Well, we have one of those commercial toilets, you know, the kind without a tank, just the piping going into the wall, and so it has a rather powerful flush. Right as I pushed the lever to flush the toilet, some drunk asshole comes barreling into the bathroom, thowing the door open, the door hits me, and knocks my phone into the flushing toilet. As I said we have a rather powerful flush and so before I could do anything my phone, which by the way I only got Labor Day weekend, flushed up and into the pipes, never to be seen again. I was pissed off to tears. So now I'm without a phone for a little while, which totally sucks. Did I mention it will cost me $130 to replace?
Naturally because of this phone incident, and various other problems I had been in a fairly bad mood since Saturday. However, yesterday the universe looked kindly on me and shone a little sunshine my way. A couple of weeks or so ago I tried out for Loyola's mock trial team. We had to submit an essay in which we were given a scenario regarding an objection on hear say grounds and had to write an argument for the defense as to why the statement was hearsay and should be stricken from the record, an argument for the prosecution arguing why the statement was not hear say and should be allowed, and finally we had to take the position of the judge and decide if the statement was to be allowed to be taken into consideration by the jury while deliberating and why we came to that decision. Well I was really nervous and hadn't received an answer yet and then yesterday, when life seemed crappy, I checked my email and there was my formal invite to join Loyola's mock trial team! I can't even express how excited and proud of myself I am. This is such a big deal for me. I feel so satisfied right now, even though I don't have a phone.

 
At 9/29/2005 5:04 AM, Blogger flatlander said...

Great idea! Please don't shut down your blog.

I'm greatly thankful for my new skateboard.

 
At 9/30/2005 5:16 AM, Anonymous Valerie said...

I'm thankful for my children who are an endless joy - most of the time - and are constantly teaching me to see the world through others' eyes. That's something money can't buy - not even Mastercard.

 
At 10/04/2005 9:04 PM, Blogger Dr. Flavour said...

homeless_spork's last entry was so long I decided not to read it.
I am thankful for my prudence.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home